Helpful Hints & Tips
Helpful hints & tips for you and your camper to know before arriving to camp. Parent Handbook
Packing For Camp
The Camp Esquagama Staff looks forward to your visit to the shores of beautiful Lake Esquagama. The following tips will help give campers and parents an idea of what to bring and what to leave home:
- Clothes for cool, warm, AND hot days and nights!
- Towels (for bathing AND the beach) and washcloths.
- Running shoes and socks. Opened toed shoes are only allowed at the waterfront, in the shower house, and in the cabins!
- Bedding and/or a sleeping bag and pillow. Either way, we recommend a bottom single or twin sheet for the mattress.
- Light jacket and/or sweatshirt(s). We also recommend a raincoat!
- Swimsuit. (A one-piece is highly recommended for female campers).
- Dance Attire/Costume!
- Bug spray – Essential!
- Sunscreen – Essential!
- Water bottle – Essential!
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (along with any other necessary toiletries).
- Shampoo and soap (along with any other necessary shower items).
- Medication (if applicable). Please bring medications in original containers!
- Canteen money (if you didn’t already purchase yours online). Canteen money will be turned in during registration.
- Pre-stamped letters for writing home!
- Additional Suggested Items: Book, camera, flashlight, hat, shower sandals, sunglasses, and water goggles.
DO NOT BRING: Candy, gum, pop, or any other beverage or food. The Canteen is open daily to purchase these items. Any type of electronic item, including but not limited to radios, MP# players, iPods, Tablets, Electronic Games, & Cell Phones! We WILL hold these items in the office during the week for safety if found.
Camp Esquagama is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen items.
Printable Packing Lists
General Overnight Camper Packing List – same as above
Adventure & Explorer Packing List – in addition of above, or recommended alternates