As we prepare to welcome campers in 2021, we continue to work on measures and protocols to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. The information below is part of a working document that we will review regularly during our summer planning to ensure we are doing our part to follow the Minnesota Department of Health and CDC guidelines. But we can only do part of the work; we need you to do your part as well.
If you are considering sending your child to camp, please be prepared to follow Camp Esquagama’s Covid-19 procedures prior to arrival. Specific details will be made available to you before the start of camp, but the steps below will give you some idea of what we will need from each camp family. If we all do our part, we have the best chance of offering a full and healthy summer camping season for everyone. Thank you!
– We will continue to post COVID-19 updates to our Facebook page and Camp Esquagama’s Covid-19 response webpage.
– We will notify camper families of more specific covid-19 camp procedures for the summer prior to their arrival at camp.
– Parents and summer staff will be asked to complete a health assessment screening on the camper’s CampDocs Health Profile for the fourteen days prior to their child’s arrival at camp.
– Initial onsite health screenings will be performed before campers exit their vehicles.
– Daily onsite health screenings will be performed while camp is in session.
– Campers with a high risk of complications from a COVID-19 infection, or who are living with a high-risk individual, are recommended to not attend camp.
– Registration and Pick-Up will be done in a drive through style with outdoor stations run by camp staff.
– Families will be asked to stay in their vehicles. Campers can exit after completing the registration process.
– Registration and Pick-Up times will be staggered.
– Camp will look different as activities and programs are continually being evaluated for appropriateness during this summer.
– Reduced participation to allow proper social distancing in cabins and during activities. Registration is currently set at a reduced capacity with waitlists available if they fill up.
– Day Camp and Adventure Camp have been Paused at the moment with hopes of running them at some point during the summer.
– We have opened our overnight Youth Camp to allow 7-year-old campers to attend.
– We recommend any older campers looking forward to attending the Adventure Program to register for the Villager Camp as they will still enjoy many of their outdoor favorite activities.
– Leadership Development Camp has been Cancelled for the summer of 2021. We have opened our Villager program up for 16 & 17-year-old campers so they won’t miss out on a summer of camp.
– A majority of activities throughout the week will be done as a cabin group; Physical distancing will be practiced by cabin groups in program areas for all camp activities. This means cabin groups will rotate between all of their favorite camp activities equally throughout the week.
– This year we are utilizing our Adventure Program Large Canvas Tents in addition to our camper cabins for our Youth and Villager campers.
– Cabins will be sanitized between weeks and high use areas will have increased daily cleaning procedures and protocols. Staff will be fully trained in these additional measures.
– All campers and staff will have regular access to hand washing and sanitizing supplies all around camp.
– Campers are asked to bring additional masks when they pack for camp.
Please be patient while we process your registration.